View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
bizzbeth
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Angry Is a job really supposed to be like this?

I'm not sure who is right in this situation, but I sure as heck don't think anyone should be made to feel the way I've been feeing lately at work-- is this normal?

I'm 22 and was recently hired at a company. My job responsibilities have drastically increased in the past 2 months and I am now doing a job I have zero experience in.

Yes, I make mistakes. I've learned tons but this is such a detail oriented job that I miss a few things here or there (let me say I was not hired to do this particular job but the company is short-staffed so I was promoted far beyond my qualifications)

My boss has referred to me as a "dumb sh*t", sat me down on numerous occasions to tell me I'm not doing a good job and constantly belittles me.

I admit, I've done some things incorrectly, but once they have been pointed out I make sure not to do them that way. I wasn't adequately trained for this position and certainly not hired to do it initially.

I don't think I'm hyper-sensitive, but I've cried on numerous occasions coming home because of the way I've been spoken to.

Is this normal? Is this okay in a business? Do people really act this way in "the real world?"

bizzbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!