View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #6
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptaink View Post
I agree with you. My dog is never getting the lepto or the kennel cough vaccine. I know the rabies is required by law but he doesn't even go outside!! He is not going to come into contact with a rabid animal!! However, we live in an apartment complex and if a maintence man came in said our pup snapped at him and we could not provide his rabies vaccine they would take him away. All I know is I hate the way the vaccines affect dogs and I am going to start taking Ace (our yorkie) to a holistic vet. Also I was reading that they give a yorkie the same amount of a vaccine as they would a german shepard!! I know I am not a professional when it comes to this matter but that seems absurd! Thank you for the kind words.
The rabies vaccine is probably over 10 times more potent than it needs to be because they are afraid for human lives but in general the same amount is given to a Yorkie as a large dog because it takes a certain amount to get an immune response, so size isn't really considered.

I hate all these vaccines too.
Because of the reaction, your pup should probably be premedicated with Benadryl next time.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!