View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

I learned to never feed Joey in the car, he would always throwup; it's better if they've eaten 1 hour before traveling. You don't say how big she is, and I'm not sure if you know much about hypoglycemia, but it's a problem with most small breeds, and especially puppies, and those dogs under 4 pounds. Their tummies can only handle so much, and they can quickly lose their reserves. One of the symptoms of hypoglycemia is a loss of appetite, and food is the very thing they need to correct the problem, so this can be very frustrating. A dab of Nutri-cal or Karo syrup rubbed on the roof of their mouth will momentary restore the blood sugar, and cause the appetite to return. With small dogs the main problem is dehydration after vomiting, one vomit, is not too big of deal, but 3 or 4 in a row can be very serious. Some dogs don't travel that well, and I wouldn't take her in the car until she's better, unless I was going to the vet. Sorry I can't help you with the sneezing problem, but I think it might be good for you to talk to your vet about your concerns with the lungworm problem. How old is Roxy, and how much does she weigh?

Join today and remove this ad!