View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 07:34 AM   #1
roxybc
Senior Yorkie Talker

Dog Throwing Up - is this serious?

The other day I had a job interview and I knew we would be out of the house for a long time, so my husband took Roxy in her carrier bag. She loves being in her bag and falls asleep as soon as she's in it. She hadn't eaten anything in the morning and we'd left fairly early, so we brought food with us for her to eat in the car, but she didn't want any of it. Anyways, when we got back to the car after about an hour of my husband just walking around with her I took her out of her bag and noticed she had trown up some bile. We thought it was because he was bouncing the bag up and down too much when he was walking. We felt awful, and she did eat and drink a little bit once we started driving again. The other thing is Roxy has been sleeping quite a bit lately, but I've chalked that up to us staying up every night till 2am since we are both not working right now. Roxy has been sleeping all morning and afternoon and hasn't had anything to eat yet. It's now 3pm, and she was lying on the couch with me when all of a sudden she hopped down and started throwing up! She threw up bile again, because she hadn't eaten yet. I took her to her water and food dish, but she didn't want any of it, until I put a bit of chicken in her food, then she ate the whole bowl. She has definitly got her appetite back, and is now playing like normal, but I'm still worried that something is wrong with her. Why is she throwing up? The other thing is that she's been sneezing a lot - not coughing, but sneezing. We live in an area that has a lot of lungworm, and they say coughing can be a sign up that, but she is just sneezing. Is a dog cough like a human cough or is it more of a sneeze?
roxybc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!