View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
delisa2850
YT Addict

Default I tricked Roxy into eating while traveling...

So I think I have to admit that maybe Roxy just doesn't travel well. She usually starts out a little antsy, but before too long she gets settled in. (She has a nice carseat that is safe, cozy, and allows her to see out.) I can get her to drink a little - not enough to really make me happy, but at least a little. But I just can't get her to eat. At home she is on a steady dog-food diet (except for SMALL potty / training treats) - when she was little she had tummy issues anytime we tried to give her any variety, so straight dog food it is. After our last trip out of town, I finally broke down and bought a package of thinly sliced sandwich meat and she ate it, so I was about to decide that when we travel, I am just going to have to make it worth her while to eat and I'll deal with the tummy issues.

(Sorry for such a long background story to get to the main point!) This last week we took another out of town trip. I really like to use the small snack-sized sandwich bags if i need to take treats or anything with us, so now whenever she sees a little bag, she gets pretty excited. I happened to have a snack-sized bag with a couple of tablespoons of her regular dog-food in my purse. I pulled it out of my purse and offered her a couple of pieces of kibble and she literally jumped for it. She ate every piece of food in there! Ok, so I was feeding her by hand, but up until then, I couldn't get her to eat it no matter how it was offered!) I refilled the bag from her regular supply that she wouldn't touch and she continued to eat until she was no longer hungry! I don't know if it was the thrill of the baggie, or because she saw it come from my purse, but whatever it was, it worked!

I don't know if this will help anyone else whose babies struggle with eating while on the road, but I thought I would share waht "accidentally" worked for us just in case it might help someone else!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!