Thread: Samoyed Breed
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
Keely_momma
No Longer a Member

My brother had one when we were younger, And i have to say, She was the dumbest dog ive ever seen in my life. Dont get me wrong, I loved her and she was very sweet, but stupid, omg.. And she was a purebred and CKC registered.. She loved us and was protective. They Are a VERY stubborn breed and the WILL test their limits ( My uncle raised 6 of them). Being a husky, they need soooooo much exersize and will need to be kept busy, they are a working dog after all. Jessie wasnt very good with small dogs and neither are any of my uncles even with so many obediance classes and personal trainers they still suck with small dogs (prey drive is super high) Also, They have that 'RUN' Instinct and you have to watch them closely so they dont run through the door, and most cannot be off leash ( Even the best trained ones arent COMPLETELY trussted off leash) ...They are a magnificent breed, but they are not for a first time big dog owner. Or a first time dog owner.

Jessie accually got killed by a car when she ran into the road (We Took her to the park so she could run off leash in the snow and when we got home and opened the car door to let her out she got away from my dad and ran into traffic)

R.I.P Jessie, my big fluffy white angel

Last edited by Keely_momma; 10-03-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Keely_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!