View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 08:55 AM   #12
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely_momma View Post
One more question. Do you think her tooth being gone is causeing her any discomfort? I
It has been my experience and confirmed by my vet that dogs don't experience the pain with teeth that we do. Some discomfort is associated with the teething process but not like what we go thru. Even if they have to have some extracted, it just isn't the same thing like what we feel.

Gracie Ruth had a few days when she wasn't feeling well. She would walk around the house with Ducky in her mouth making the most pitiful whines. I found some good teething toys at Petsmart that I could put in the frig to get cold, also she liked to chew on a damp washcloth that I put in the frig to get cold. I even found her playing with a couple of her molars after they had fallen out. But what can I expect from such a tomboy as this girl is.

So don't fret, and especially don't beat yourself up. It's all normal, and you are a good momma for worrying over her.

1) Faithful friend, confidant and comfortor...Ducky
Attached Thumbnails
Please Please help me-g-8-07-21-rszd.jpg  
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!