Thread: Doggy Day Care
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #14
yorkiepuppie
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TresCutePiggies View Post
It's called Atlanta Dog Spa, but they aren't a chain - which I kind of like about them. There are several chains around Atlanta, but most of them are just empty warehouses with no actual grass. The owner knows all the dog parents which is kind of nice. I can't lie Rory is a favorite, which of course only makes you feel better about leaving your dog there all day long.

I guess what they consider the interview is the temperament test, which is basically conducted during a half day of daycare where the dog is observed with other people/handlers, and then the dog play group according to size. Assuming your dog passes, it is then welcome at daycare anytime. There are definitely no aggressive dogs that are allowed to attend.
Thank you for the information. You are lucky that you found such a nice place to take Rory and that he loves going there so much. my baby milu likes "seeing" other dogs, but she is so shy, she always just wants to watch other dogs play, or be picked up by someone.

I take her to puppy socials, but she always gets so scared after about 30 min.. (she gets really excited to be there at first, but when the dogs start playing, she gets nervous, and runs and hide between my legs the entire time)

I am trying to find a place that only have really small dogs to take her. (like under 3lbs.) because i think she is less afraid around the little ones. (i think, since she is under 3 lbs herself)
yorkiepuppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!