View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah515 View Post
Hmm...I thought I had the smallest crate I could find but maybe I should keep looking. I was setting my alarm to wake up every couple hours but the vet told me I didn't need to do that because she should be able to hold it until early morning.

I was cleaning out her playpen today, disinfecting it since she has had a couple accidents in there. I put her in her crate for all of 3 minutes and by the time I went to get her she had already peed in it! No blankets or anything. I will be cleaning that next but I had to give her a bath.

On a positive note...she learned to "sit" today!
Not to disrespect your vet, but many don't realize the special needs of of smaller dogs. Rules that apply to bigger breeds don't always apply to Yorkies, that's one of the reasons that YorkieTalk provides such an excellent service, because many members here really understand the breed.

I didn't actually use a crate after he peed the first few nights in his, I put him in this car seat. Snoozer Pet Products 86 - Wheel Around Travel Pet Carrier in Red, that was just the right size. Some people say that they section off the crate with boxes to make it smaller, and the main thing is use an enzyme cleaner when you clean pet accidents. The enzyme cleaner is the only thing that gets rid of the protein that causes the smell that makes them return to the spot, regular cleaners and disinfectants won't touch this protein. Nature's Miracle, makes a enzyme cleaner, and so does Simple Solutions, both very good at cleaning up carpet mistakes.

She learned to sit today, what a little genius!

Last edited by Nancy1999; 10-02-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!