View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
lindabjk
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah515 View Post
Ella is doing fairly well with her pee pads. I have them in her xpen and I'd say she uses them about 85-90% of the time. Now if I just had the pad by the door or something, it would be another story, but she is only 13 weeks old.

Here is my problem...she sleeps in her crate at night and the past couple mornings I get her out and take her to her xpen to potty after about 5 hours of sleeping. I usually hear her kind of crying bc my hubby is already up to go to work, so I wake up. Well, when I take her back to her crate, her blankets are wet, right by the door. I don't know if she is peeing on her way out of the crate, or if she has peed earlier on before waking me up. Also, the other day I was at my mom's and Ella would not go on her pad and we were about to leave so I just put her in her crate since we only live 5 minutes away and that way she could just go at home. Well the minute I put her in there she squatted and peed right on her blanket.

Lucy NEVER peed in her crate as a puppy. I am just stumped. I also trained Lucy to go outside, no pee pads, but now I live in an apartment and Ella has not had all of her shots, so pee pad it is.

Is there confusion with the blankets because she uses the pee pads? She also peed once on her blanket in her xpen even though her pad was in there. Now she doesn't have blankets in either bc I don't have a single clean one. I feel bad not having something for her to lay on though.

Any advice?

I agree with the advice already given. My dante was in a large crate for only one night, he went to the rest room in it,and then i got a much smaller one. The one i have is the size of the small Sherpa carry on i use. Dante is only 3 lbs but he curls up in the corner and sleeps. I have not had one problem since using the smaller crate. when he wakes up the pee pad is very close to his crate and he goes straight to it.

OH and i had to remove some extra blankets and such from the crate because he was burying his bad behaviors like a cat would...odd

hope this helps
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!