View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
Xaleia
YT Addict

Default Question about puppy Aggression to older Yorkie

I've gotten so many good responses to other questions, I thought I'd ask what you all thought about aggression.

First off..his name is now MARLEY.....LOL I've had him a week ..a little longer .....and I've changed his name three times trying to get a good fit.

Marley it is.

So my question is this. I have a 13 year old very gentle little soul named Corkie. She has been my moon and stars of course since losing Leilauni less than a year ago.
I've brought this pup home, hoping that Corkie would not feel so alone when I'm not home and working, not to mention to try to fill the gaping void that Lei left.
Well he is a darling ...and I love him to bits already but he will NOT leave Corkie alone. He wants to tackle her every minute. I've tried to let her scold him and she has laid him out many times but it is not detering him. Most likely because half her teeth are missing and probably no real BITE to her bite. I've stepped in at times because it was so ugly and I've laid him on his side by the scruff of the neck and scolded him ( Cesar Milan kinda thing).
I'm not sure this is the right thing or not. My other concern is Corkie. She seems so.........unhappy...........
He is only doing what a puppy will do..... but on the other hand, she is an old..non aggressive kinda gal..( although she sounding pretty mean when she gets after him.
He also hurts her with his pirahna teeth.
Any advice from the veterans and trainers?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!