View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 12:26 PM   #7
Hamoth
YT Addict

Quote:
Two species of poisonous lizard are found in the United States, both in southwestern states (Gila Monster and Mexican Bearded Lizard).
I doubt it was either of those...as these lizards are more likely to eat your Yorkie!

Quote:
Many frogs, toads, and salamanders secrete poison through their skin. This poison can be extremely poisonous to humans our pets. The most poisonous frog known is the Poison-Dart Frog, so named because South American Indians used the poison in the tips of arrows used to kill animals. However, now that I’ve got you scared to death of the innocent little toad sitting outside in your garden, let me say that very rarely is “Poisonous Frog” listed on a death certificate. You can actually touch a poisonous frog or toad with no ill effects. It’s when the poison gets into your system, either by ingesting it, or by another entry point into the body (such as a cut on your hand that come into contact with the poison, or if you had some poison on your hands and then rubbed your eyes). Now, most toads in North America have some amount of poison in its skin, which is why your dog may become ill after eating a toad. If your dog ate an especially large toad, it may be best to see a veterinarian, since serious problems can arise.
http://www.suite101.com/lesson.cfm/16702/178/4

Notice the lack of lizzard poison here. I think you are safe as can be!
Hamoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!