Thread: Potty Machine!
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #2
chloeandj
Tinkerbell, My Little Flutterpup
Donating Member

Default I just brought home my puppy saturday...

She had an accident on the kitchen floor so I soaked it up with a paper towel and put it on the puppy pad. She went right over to it and pooped on her pad. She only goes on her pad if there is a poop or pee already on it. So when I put down a fresh one, I put the paper towel with the pee on it. Hopefully she will just be able to know to go there after she gets a habit of doing it. Also try to confine him to one small area with the pad at times when he should need to go. I have an area in my kitchen blocked off into a "playpen" like area and when she wakes up, etc I put her in there and wait with her until she is done and praise, praise, praise. She actually disappeared from me last night during some play time in the front room and I found her putting a poo poo on her pad. Very proud moment!! But this morning peed in the front room. So it just needs to become habit with your diligence. Very important not to let him be overwhelmed with such a large space as your entire home being open to him. For a while he needs to be confined to areas where you are watching him and to where his pad is in a close proximity to him so that it can remind him of where he should go. Definately try wiping up his mistake and putting it on the pad. Hope this helps a little. My puppy will hold it in her crate. But I wonder if he doesn't like his crate being dirty and that's why he tries to eat it?? I don't know. My mother's dog did what yours is doing. Peed and pooped in her crate even if she was playing around the house she would run into her crate to poop. We did not know the breeder of this dog and learned a big lesson on puppy mills from her. We think she was raised only in a cage and never let out so she must have learned to "poop where she eats and lives". She eventually has grown out of it now at 8 months. Hope things get better.
Jodi
chloeandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!