View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 11:45 PM   #2
Cherry
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy816 View Post
izzy has been vomiting almost everyday this week. it seems to be bile. im wondering if maybe he is not eating enough. I try to feed him twice a day but sometimes he wont eat all of his food. what could be the problem? yesterday he ate his breakfast then threw it right up...im thinking because he ate too fast. i left food again for the rest of the day but he did not eat it. then the next morning he threw up again but it was bile....like clear almost white. just a little while ago, he threw up white foamy like bile again. what coudl be going on? im really worried. is he just not eating enough? or maybe he ate something else that is making him sick?

i do plan on taking him to the vet but i wanted to see if it was something that maybe you guys would know aobut. please help. i feel so bad when my baby is sick.
I am no expert or even nearly as educated as most of Yorkie talk (and I thank god for everyone else on this forum ) But with my current situation I would call your Vet asap! Diezel started throwing up bile acid once on Sunday and then late monday night/tuesday morning (around 5am) started again. Then had diareaha on Tuesday. I also tried feeding him something solid just from knowing in the past if he does not even he will throw up a tiny amount of bile.

As soon as I posted my concern yesterday morning and the first response was to call the vet I did so right away. There was blood in his stool and they told me it looks like Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis. But only blood work would tell. They took blood and treated him there. Gave me meds to harden his stool and coat his stomach and put him on 1st stage, Beechnut baby food. If the diareaha continues or his throw up blood he has to be hospitalized. I was told to watch him for 24 hours.

I am not trying to scare you since your baby is only throwing up I am sure its not the same thing, but I also thought nothing since it was common for him to release some bile acid at times. But I know the stress! After a few hours sleep and with work in the morning I am wide away at 3:40am not able to sleep becuase I am afraid I am going to miss something.

I say you save yourself the stress and spare your furbabies upset belly and call the Vet. It cannot hurt!

P.S. I hope the lil one feels better
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!