View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogie Man View Post
Years ago, I had a dog treated for heartworm. From what I understand, the treatment is toxic and can be especially dangerous for small dogs. In my case, it was a large dog and he went through the treatment with no adverse effects. I've been reading about holistic heartworm preventatives and treatments and have a couple of links....Heartworm - Information - Natural Paws Holistic Pet Care Perth and this.....Heartworm - A Wellness Approach instead of Fear Based Thinking. I haven't tried this approach yet so I can't say how effective it is and am not recommending it. I only posted the links to give you another possible option besides the traditional treatment. You can try googling 'natural heartworm treatment' to get more info and also just google 'heartworms in dogs' to just get a good understanding of what you're dealing with. One interesting thing I've read is that heartworms, while they do grow and mature in a dog, don't reproduce and multiply so your dog may not be heavily infested with them. If you go the traditional route, I would suggest using something, such as montmorillionite clay, to help rid the toxins from your dog's body after treatment. Best of luck to you and your baby.
great, informative post!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!