View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
YorkichonBella
My little Shadow
Donating YT Member

Thumbs up FDA warning reminder & Thanks to Ladymom!!

Thank you Ladymom for this post a while back!
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...tis+ivermectin

I don't know what I'd do if not for the advice on YT. I feel more confident searching here than asking questions to my Vet or should I say more knowledgeable in asking the right questions too, to the Vet. But so disappointed with them not knowing??

If not for Ladymom's post, I could have put my baby's health @risk. I've held off on trying Ivermectin for Bella, but just went this route yesterday. I first questioned the Vet about the use of Comfortis along with Ivermectin because I remembered this post warning. Guess what she said? The Vet said "I have my dog on Comfortis & Heartguard Plus (Ivermectin is an ingredient) & there have been no signs of any problems. I can call the company of Comfortis and inquire, if you like??" I just said "that's ok, I prefer to use another flea med while she's on Ivermectin"!! Why isn't the Vet informed or knowledgeable about this?? I realize the warning is for the larger doses of Ivermectin, but this is an FDA warning on the combinations of meds with serious side effects?? I'm just so thankful I found YT!!

Last edited by YorkichonBella; 10-01-2008 at 06:03 PM.
YorkichonBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!