View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #7
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
Whew I was worried after the first couple posts I might only be getting ANTI-RAW feeder comments! lol Thanks so much!!!!
Well her stool has very soft today...almost a little runny...but she seems to be doing well in other ways...she's WAY MORE SATISFIED than she's ever been...she always was a begger for anything anyone ate...and wouldn't touch her food...now she sleeps after each meal...and she hasn't been begging at all...which is totally shocking to us all.....

And she is still getting used to chicken....but she prefers the leg to the breast right now..and I was worried about feeding her too many legs...what is the usual amount of bone that is given to dogs? I did read those posts....especially the first one...I read ALL of it.....the only one I don't think I read all of was the myths...I did know that dogs digestive system is a bit different than humans that they were'nt as suseptible to bacteria....but I just had to ask anyhow.

Is there a more private place to talk about raw feeding...other than the support groups..like I meantioned earlier I haven't been able to get into that yet.......And more importantly I really don't want people getting upset at MY choice to feed raw...and I don't want to offend anyone either...I adore my baby...and I absolutely didn't get into this type of feeding lightly. And I want anyone that is going to read this thread to know that.
I'm a bit confused.
Yes, I am anti-raw but I thought my post was as balanced as possible for having the point of view I do. Yes, feeding raw to a dog with a compromised immune system may not be a good idea and even some raw feeders admit that. Feeding this diet is something I am not comfortable with but you have to do what you think is best.

Whatever you feed, somebody is going to disagree.
I'm sure raw feeders do hear negative comments all the time but kibble feeders have to hear that what they feed is overprocessed, going to be recalled, contaminated with salmonella, unfit for human consumption...
Canned feeders have to hear that it is terrible for dogs' teeth.
Homecookers have to hear that they spend way too much time cooking for their dogs or that their dogs are spoiled or vets would rather they feed "dog food."
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!