View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #9
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon248 View Post
the only thing she has tried on her own was eggplant parm last night. it basically made me tear up. but i wll try some soft food her favorite before was ceasar's. She has not even touched the beef with rice I cooked for her last night.
Awww. Well, that makes me think that cheese is stimulating her tummy. Why don't you pick up some grated Parmesan (in the big green can) from the store. It is nice and pungent - so since dogs eat first w/ their nose, it is a great stimulator. Sprinkle it on potatoes or anything that you feed her.

As for the ceasers - you could try it, but I do want to mention that it is a really poor food, nutritionally. I really wouldn't recommend it for her. Of course, if it's all she'll eat right now - I guess it's fine, but I honestly wouldn't feed it at all. There are such better options out there at good pet food stores.

If all you have access to is Petco/Petsmart - then I'd recommend Wellness Brand canned. But go slow on introducing new canned - you don't want to cause diarrhea. I'd really mix w/ mashed potatoes at first, given how little she has eaten lately - she could be *very* sensitive...

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!