View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 07:54 AM   #1
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Embarassed A Goofy Question

Forgive me for asking this, but I've always wondered about it. When I was a little girl, I was given a kitten - I named him Boots. At the time, we had the most gentle, wonderful black lab named Tara. She had never had a litter of pups, but was extremely loving, maternal, and gentle to all creatures - just a really special dog.

Anyway, when we got Boots - Tara started lactating and Boots, the cat, started nursing off of Tara! I have pictures (film camera pictures, not digital) of it and everything, it's the cutest thing (and bizarre too). Somehow, Tara thought Boots was her baby - and we couldn't get them to stop nursing. We were also becoming worried bc Boots' tongue was so rough and was beginning to irritate Tara's nipples - and I remember that Tara's vet told us to put Tabasco on Tara's nipple (ouch!) to get Boots to stop nursing. I don't remember how we eventually got this all to stop, it was so long ago - but obviously we did. But, from then on - I think they always thought they were Mom/Son, lol!

My question is - how on earth did it even happen physiologically? How did Tara just start producing milk like that?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!