View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 06:43 AM   #1
SissaYSU
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default absolutely terrified for Bubba right now--prayers, PLEASE!

My three-year-old Yorkie woke me up around 6:30 this morning throwing up. I waited till he was finished, cleaned off his mouth and held him for a while when he started to breathe very funny. Thinking he was upset, I went out and sat on the couch with him just petting him. By 7:30, he still was breathing funny. I took him to go pee and he could hardly go because he could hardly move as he kept trying to breathe. It sounded like the way someone does when they have a stuffed up nose...making the same sound. I picked him up and brought him back inside and looked at his face as he kept making the sounds and you could tell he was struggling. He then started to shake uncontrollably. I am freaking out, my room mate comes out to see me panicking. She takes Bubba and grabs a blanket and wraps him up in it trying to soothe him and I get on the phone with my vet.
He is now at the vet for the day. They are doing surgeries but will examine him when done...they just wanted him there beforehand because of his breathing and then they can take care of him because I had no clue what to do.
LONGEST DRIVE EVER TO GET TO THE VET. Finally, he got so exhausted from trying to breathe he just fell over on the floor in my car. He was still making the funny noises so I at least knew he was breathing some but I became a leadfoot after he fell...I could not get to the vet fast enough!
Now I am sitting in my family room. I have class but I can't go...the vet is to call me anytime before noon and I can't sit in class with my phone off...I want to talk to the vet as soon as I can so I know he is OK...if I sit in class I will be so distracted by this. It's so odd not having him run around or sitting on my lap...it makes me sad
Has anyone ever had this happen to their dog? I heard of reverse breathing and that it is not that serious but it was so terrifying for me to hear him breathe like this and see him struggling...and then shaking...but it must be serious enough if he fell over in my car because he was so tired.
I left him at the vet and he looked over at me with his big brown eyes like "aww mommy, you're leaving me HERE?!" and I started to cry. I love my little doggie and I hate seeing him like this Hopefully by tonight, I will be laying in bed with him keeping me warm
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!