View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 09:18 AM   #27
ttreatsyorkies
YT Addict

When Belle ran from me once my husband got on his 4-wheeler and chased her down. He rode behind her all the way back to the house. I was laughing so hard at the site of her running in front of him. She looked like a Bunny gone wild. She was scolded and out in her bed for time out. She knows what time-out is and she hates to be there.
Lets not kid our selves dogs are smarter than we think. They know when they are doing something they should not. That is why they crawl to you when they have done bad. My Belle will try to get away with anything she can. She is also put in time-out when she is bad; like running from me or going potty in the house. Belle is let out frequently and being the age of 2 she knows how to ask to go out, so accidents are usually not accidents, exspecially if I just had her out and then she pees on the floor.
Can you confuse them? of course exspecially if you are not consistant with your praise and your reprimands. "Spare the rod, spoil the child" applies to dogs too. I am not saying beat your dogs but a firm understanding between what is right and what is wrong wont hurt them.
Simple commmands as well as simple discipline is the key.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!