View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 09:01 AM   #12
mitchell
Senior Yorkie Talker

Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiegold
You have no idea how delighted I was to find your post today. Welcome, of course, but please allow me to pick your brain without further ado.

Not much attention is given to stifle joints and luxating patella here in the states. Most breeders seem to be oblivious. Could you please tell us about the testing and breeding standards in the UK?

Thanks,

CJ
Thanks to everyone thats said Hello! Now that does feel more friendly, thanks for taking the time to post messages. With regard to the joints and LP problem, the answer is yes we have those problems here and most times they are just operated on if the dog gets in too much pain and finds it difficult walking.I'm not sure how serious breeders take this in the UK as Munchie is my first yorkie and I had never heard of the problems before owning him. In the UK we still recognise tail docking as the norm even though we shouldn't but if that was stopped then maybe other breeding faults would be undercontrol more. I looked high and low to find a yorkie with a proper sized tail but had to settle for a docked one as there just wasn't anyone around at the time who had any, this is obviously what people still want which is appalling. How does the USA view tail docking, I think it sucks. My dog has LP slightly and he's ten but I've made sure to keep his weight under control all his life and now he only gets twinges of pain when it's really cold. My vet wanted to operate straight away but I'm not for rushing things and they improved by themselves. Sorry theres no pictures of Munchie but I'm still very new to computers and haven't figured out how to do that yet. Maybe soon. I'm Lisa by the way.
mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!