View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Default BARF diets (not commerical premade)

I am hoping to hear from people that are feeding a true BARF diet - not the commercial premade.

Currently I am feeding TJ the Nature's Variety (and some muscle meats: lamb, chicken and beef - here and there). He had his first chicken wing (bone eating) on Saturday. I am interested in directing him more towards a Prey Model Diet....BUT...I have Roxy who most likely has MVD. She is currently eating a home made diet (nothing cooked except egg noddles. She eats pureed veggies, apples, berries and cottage cheese, along with added supplements and vitamins).

I want TJ and Roxy to benefit from Bones, but Roxy can not eat Organ Meat and she is limited on the amount of Chicken Muscle Meat and Egg - BUT - I do not think that she is restricted from it either, and the Raw form is better than cooked - So that's why I am thinking I can maybe go into a modified BARF diet with her ~ because the BARF diet consists of Veggies and Fruit as well. I just would not feed any Organs.

I can't let TJ chow down on RMB and not give Roxy something

IDK - I am trying to read more about BARF - but would like to know if anyone makes it themselves, etc....

I am trying to find out what stuff and amounts and feeding routines, etc...

Anything is truly appreciated....And I am searching the Net as well
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!