Thread: Am I doing ok?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 05:53 AM   #7
Jchirino
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom to Hot Rod View Post
Still learning myself, but it sounds like what you are doing is fine. At 3 mos I would say feeding 3-4 times is good. I have found that by that age, they may not poop each time. Aside, little Zoe has had a lot going on so once she settles down, she'll get into a routine. We kept a close eye on Hot Rod when we were crating him and then we got the expen. We watched for the circling signs and so forth. As he got older, his poops stretched out over the day and he would go for hours before need to poop again. Maggie is 5 mos now and she is at 2x a day and has been for about a month 1/2 now.

From what I have read, crating for the time that you are is okay. If you are really concerned, look into getting an expen for Zoe and this way she can be out more often. The only issue is that you will probably need to get her to use the pad as she may do her business before you get home. I've attached a picture of my expen to give you an idea. It was the best thing that we did because I was concerned about getting home late and so forth. But it sounds like you are on your way.
Thank you. I think i'll stick to crating. I think after a few weeks she will get used to the routine.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!