View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 05:50 AM   #9
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan
As a breeder I am always looking to learn more and I have learned to analyze the information posted on here to separate truth from opinion. This is not easy, since there are an unfortunate number of people who sound very authoritative even though they really are misinformed. It is very frustrating when you see newbies being given bad advice or a pat on the head from someone who doesn't have a clue and is just passing off their opinion as fact. It is easier to judge after you have read many posts to get a feel for who is who, but newbies don't have this advantage. Too bad we don't have a seal of approval stamping for the people that should actually be dispensing advice. I am afraid that the first impression would be to take the advice of those who have large amounts of posts as a denotion of actual experience and that is unfortunate, since there is no correlation there.
I AGREE so much with this - I AM NOT a breeder - I do read this section, but rarely post here - the information passed on here can be invaluable to a person looking and needing advise.... but you're right - newbies don't know who has actually experienced many of the questions posted... and it IS easy to believe all that we read.

The number of posts does NOT make anyone an expert - look at my count hehe - I'm FAR from an expert on anything....well - except maybe posting pictures
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!