View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #7
fufufashions
LEADER OF MyPACK
Donating Member

We also use the Life's Abundance. It is a fabulous all life stages food.
It does have a tiny bit of the beet pulp in there. The benefits to dog and cats is well documented. I don't have a problem with it as it is a fabulous source of fiber.
Here is an independent article about beet pulp:
The Benefits of Beet Pulp in Pet Foods
In summary:
The addition of beet pulp to commercial dog and cat food is widespread, but the actual amount eaten per day is quite small. Beet pulp is rarely the only available fiber source; as a rule, a variety of fiber sources that cross all ranges of fermentability and solubility are recommended. In addition to being a good fiber source, beet pulp may have a slight advantage over some other fiber sources because of its benefit to the intestinal bacteria that help maintain colon health. Beet pulp is often found in many quality foods, and when fed correctly, is an ingredient that can be beneficial to almost all pets.
My girls love this food and love that it is delivered right to our door. There are also no chemical preservatives in there which you will find in most commercial foods.

Whatever you decide on, just read the ingredients and make sure there is no corn, wheat or soy and no by-products.
I also offer it on my website since we love it so much!!
fufufashions is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!