View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babz View Post
I don't think you should worry (yet), as from your list I assume you haven't tried the "really" good food yet.

Why not try:
1. Wellness
2. Merrick (I especially like their Before Grain line)
3. Nature's Variety
4. Honest Kitchen
5. Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul
6. Innova
7. Orijen
8. Acana (new recipe)

I myself feed Orijen to both my babies. I have to tell you that My 2 year old shihtzu was VERY picky before. Mom fed her "bad" food when I didn't know better. Alpo, science diet, she didn't eat. She could eat maybe once in 2 days? Vet says fine cos she has normal weight and all, but when I switched to Orijen, she cleans her bowl every day Might not be for every dog though, it has high protein. There are many other good foods, one of them might suit your baby. Buy samples, or ask for samples from the company itself. I think you will solve this problem in no time
Great post! You should try some high quality foods. That way if she is JUST a picky eater... at least she is getting a good food in her. I'm not sold on Life's Abundance as it does contain beet pulp which has shown to lead to possible kidney issues. You can also try giving her people food from time to time.. like yogurt or cottage cheese0 as a snack.. so you know she has food in her... fruit is good- no grapes or skin on apples and such.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!