View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 05:46 AM   #1
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Default More Insanity From PETA

I had to laugh when I read this. How can PETA expect any rational person to support them when they keep coming up with such crazy ideas?........

Published: September 26,2008
Send to a friend
Op-Ed Contributor
PETA Wants Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

By Robert Paul Reyes

"Mooove over, Holsteins. PETA wants world-famous Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream to tap nursing moms, rather than cows, for the milk used in its ice cream.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is asking the ice cream maker to begin using breast milk in its products instead of cow's milk, saying it would reduce the suffering of cows and calves and give ice cream lovers a healthier product." Associated Press

I'm an animal lover and I usually defend PETA from their many detractors, but frankly this idea is patently absurd.

Mom's milk is great for infants, not for adults. If Ben & Jerry's sold ice cream made from nursing moms they would have to include a barf bag with every purchase.

PETA argues that cow's milk is hazardous and milking them is cruel. Cow's milk should be avoided by the lactose intolerant, but for the rest of us it's delicious and healthy. Not milking a cow is cruel, the poor creature is miserable if it's neglected and not milked.

Cows were made to be milked so that we can enjoy ice cream on a hot summer day.

I'm not sure how many jokes I can milk out of PETA's crazy idea, but as John Curran, the AP writer says: PETA's idea is udderly ridiculous.

Fortunately, Ben & Jerry's has no intentions of using human milk.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!