View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
OH LORDY, they don't look very healthy. In fact the one closest to the camera looks very imaciated and the fur is quite thin. Are you going to have them Vet. checked? I don't think these girls should be put in cargo that's for sure. I do hope you find local homes for them. If I had picked them up, I would have them Vet. checked, shots if needed and spayed when they are healthy enough, then place in wonderful homes. I wouldn't take a chance that someone would breed them.

I agree. You can see skin on the hip area of the closest one.

Those poor girls are going to need some serious vet care IMO. As mom to a senior, I can tell you they both will need geriatric blood profiles, thyroid panels, heartworm checks, dentals and spaying right away. I'd be willing to bet they both have underlying conditions that will need treatment as well.

I agree that this should be done before they are adopted into new homes. It would be a disaster if they were adopted and found to have serious health issues new owners couldn't deal with or placed with people who didn't get the necessary tests and care done.

Have you considered contacting a rescue group to assist you with evaluating and placing these girls?
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!