View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #15
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy4 View Post
All I can say is I have expericanced something similar with both of mine and I always think its dust in their airway. and with their airways being so small I bet a piece of lint or dust is HUGE comapred to what it is in ours.
This triggered a memory from yesterday. Marcel was downstairs yesterday AFTERNOON for a while, when came back upstairs, he gave me kisses and I said to him "you smell awfully perfume-y, mister!" - and I remember wondering if he had gotten into a dryer sheet. But this was the afternoon! COULD a little piece of dryer sheet maybe have stayed in his throat, and blocked it later??? Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
Did the vet recommend following up with any tests to try to figure out what caused this attack and make sure he doesn't have another one?
That's the thing - she was at a loss too. She said a chest x-ray to rule out some sort of resp. infection (if I wanted). A flouroscopy if we can catch the breathing in action again (if thinking collapsed trachea). Blood work if suspecting infection. But both of us thought "wait and watch" bc nothing diagnostic made any sense right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgirl View Post
Well in the asthma attacks I've witnessed in children...unless you placed your head on their chest and hear wheezing...the strain sounds like it's coming from their mouth.

OR Ramsey does the reverse sneezing thing...a couple of times though...it's gone on longer than normal....I believe she starts panicking to catch her breathe. I place my finger or part of my hand over her nostils...forcing her to breath through her mouth and speak calmly (as calmly as possible...when you're freaking out )...and she does finally settle down and her breathing returns to normal.
The vet said his lungs sounded perfect - and she did say if it was anything lung related, she should've heard something (just recalling this now) - so even if it was an asthma attack, I'm now thinking some restriction should've remained without treatment and she should've heard something. And yeah, w/ his reverse sneezing - I do the same stuff - cover the nostrils, or make him swallow, make him lick, massage his neck - and it resolves. This was wayyyy different.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!