View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 10:02 PM   #5
Babz
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio1 View Post
OK now I am seriously freaked out!!!!!!! I have been feeding my little boy Nutro Natural Choice and have read many positive comments on it. He is only 10 months old and he has had absolutely no problems on it. I have read on this site about several of the foods that people have good and bad experiences with their dogs as well. What determined that the food killed her dog and what food is recommended. I have searched this site several times and every person has a different answer about what is horrible and what is good. Please help!!!! I don't want him to get sick if this food is really not good.
Hey there -
I was panicking like you just a few weeks ago. If you want to have an idea whether Nutro is good or not, you can go here:

Dog Food Reviews - All Products - Powered by ReviewPost

Choose the product that you are feeding your dog, and please just read. This site is not great, but good for starting out research. PM me if you have many questions. Several people that have helped me extensively are Marcerella and Wylie's Mom. I don't think they'd mind if you pm them too.

I personally have switched over to Orijen. If you are concerned about the high protein, read this:
The Dog Food Project - Is too much protein harmful?

And this:
http://www.championpetfoods.com/orij...hite_paper.pdf

My dogs are doing great on Orijen. My Yorkie has noticable shinier coats, brighter eyes. My shihtzu's coat are also silkier, the white part is now snowy white, less dry, and she EATS. She used to not eat for 2 days at a time when I was feeding her Science Diet, Alpo - this was before I found out what I was feeding them. But now she eats a little more than 1 cup a day, which is great. We don't even have to "push" her to do it.

If you are still concerned about the high protein thing, or prices, other foods I would personally feed my dogs are:
Innova Evo
Merrick
Wellness
Solid Gold
Nature's Variety Raw
And this: Dog Food Reviews - Acana Puppy Small Breed - Powered by ReviewPost
Acana comes from the same company as Orijen. They have changed the recipe with better ingredients.

If you feel like you cannot trust any dog food available in the market, try cooking for your dog, but you must feed them additional supplement.

Remember - some dogs will do well to some foods, some might not. You have to find what works. If a brand of food doesn't work i.e allergies, horrible stools, no appetite, read the ingredient list, try to find out what's causing it. PM me anytime I will help however I can.
Babz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!