View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 143julz View Post
She has not been her self form the start(9/9) not eating her food, had to do the rice, boiled potatoes, soup, her dog food w/ sprinkled cheese, and any other safe combination i could come w. Cheese in food, not good, made her stomach upset and stools bad...past 2 weeks,stomach day is a good day.
I only give tagament, iron vitamin and soloxine everyday. I've given her robaxin 2x this week the way she walked (to me)indicated her back pain...
I've read alot on here about the meds Prozyme, Calcitriol, Epakitin, Azody, ect....
I'm wondering at what point the Dr. will recommend any of these for her??
I mentioned the Calcitriol but he felt she didn't need it...
I really don't have an exact question, but if anyone has experienced something in the same what we are now, any suggestions would be most appreciated...Thanks and I'll post her update on Tuesday
Be careful with giving her white potatoes as they are quite high in potassium which is not recommended for dogs with compromised kidneys.

I can't believe the vet has not suggested any of those supplements.
Azodyl is a supplement that is basically composed of fiber and probiotics that are very beneficial to a dog with kidney problems. In fact, I give this to my liver compromised yorkie and have had great success with it. Maybe you can print out the Azodyl brochure from the Vetoquinol website and give them to your vet.
http://www.vetoquinolusa.com/pages/pdf/AzodylVetBro.pdf

Let him know this is something you may want to try. You shouldn't wait until he suggests it because you may wait forever. Don't be afraid to bring info in for your vet to read. I do it all the time for my liver compromised yorkie, and his vet actually truly appreciates the info/research I print up and bring into her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!