View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #1
143julz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default High BUN levels???

Hi all, my 14.5yr Julz had a bout w/ pancreatitis 12/2006 we learned she had one working kidney. Put her on k/d diet all seemed fine. She hasn't had her teeth cleaned since 2005, they are horrible....

Presently, before Labor Day she was put on an antiobotic wish i knew the name (Dr suggested we could possible have them cleaned if all checks out w/ numbers and doing other test pre-op)
Well she didn't do good on , made her deathly sick after 2 1/2 days on it, wasn't eating, rear legs collapsing, dehydration, lethargic, we ended up in ER, next day X-R reveals bulging disk, anemia (non regenerative) and HYPO thyrohyoid. She was given RX for robaxin, a pain pill don't know name, soloxine, tagment and iron drops.... went from iron drop to a multi vitamin she loves...after puking up drops..
I only gave her the pain pill for 2 days she was acting even worse, walking into a corner and not finding her way out, slept all day..blah blah

From the start of this (9/9) BUN levels were from 77 to (9/16) 164 and last week (9/20)44, her creatin was high 2.8 but also down to 1.8. This is all after a few rounds of S-Q fluids..She goes back 9/27 for f/u visit....

She has not been her self form the start(9/9) not eating her food, had to do the rice, boiled potatoes, soup, her dog food w/ sprinkled cheese, and any other safe combination i could come w. Cheese in food, not good, made her stomach upset and stools bad...past 2 weeks,stomach day is a good day.
I only give tagament, iron vitamin and soloxine everyday. I've given her robaxin 2x this week the way she walked (to me)indicated her back pain...
I've read alot on here about the meds Prozyme, Calcitriol, Epakitin, Azody, ect....
I'm wondering at what point the Dr. will recommend any of these for her??
I mentioned the Calcitriol but he felt she didn't need it...
I really don't have an exact question, but if anyone has experienced something in the same what we are now, any suggestions would be most appreciated...Thanks and I'll post her update on Tuesday
143julz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!