View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 07:17 AM   #1
milliecorrales
YT 500 Club Member

Default A bird in the hand

is worth two in the bushes, or something like that? My boys gave me a unique way to start the morning. I worked the Eagles concert last night and did not get home until 2:00 am this morning (latest that I have ever worked) and was simply exhausted (counting school this was an 80 hour week for me on top of having been a little ill), so I had hoped to sleep in a bit. The boys were scratching at the sliding glass door in my bedroom about an hour ago, which they do when they need to go outside to the patio. I sleepily got up, slide open the door, noting that Sake' my siamese was already out there. All of a sudden, all heck breaks loose before I can even stumble back to bed!!! Sake has a live bird that she brings into the house, drops it as the boys are chasing her, the bird is half flying through the apartment, she is jumping in the air trying to catch it, the boys are barking and running through the apartment like nuts trying to leap as they are running to catch the bird. Finally, Gar who is quicker than any cat I have ever seen, runs and dives under the bed (I have a really large bed and when the boys have something that they aren't supposed to have they can keep moving around to where I cannot reach them). Gar has this bird under the bed, he is letting go enough for the bird to half fly half hop around under there, which brings both Sake and Bengie under the bed too. I have three animals and a bird having a huntfest under my bed! I am on my hands and knees yelling at the boys (still half asleep) and believe me at 56 I do not get down or up easily. Everytime one of them catches the bird, they move to the center where I cannot reach them. As I am laying flat on the carpet trying to talk someone (anyone for that matter) into listening to me and give me the bird (which they are doing figuratively anyhow), the bird gets loose, flies past my face and into my artificial tree. I attempt several times to catch the poor thing, but it keeps hopping around in my tree. I finally cover my hand with a towel, drop that on the bird (all the while I have Bengie and Sake and Garett jumping on me and in the air). I take the little thing out back and toss it lightly in the air. The boys are still looking around trying to find it, sake took off, so I think she may have found it and is hiding and that is how MY DAY STARTED OUT.
milliecorrales is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!