View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 12:14 PM   #40
JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by celstu1 View Post
Wow.
Let me ask something. If humans did not consume other mammals, how long do you think it would take for the US to be a giant waste zone overrun with animals? How is animal population controlled?

What I disagree with is treating a living being harshly or hurting them for no reason, just to save money or think its funny or taking out your aggression (workers who purposely hurt the animals). These are still living animals that FEEL pain.

I think the health problems in our country come from fast food and overprocessed food. While human milk MAY have more health benefits, the stigma attached to that whole idea would put companies out of business. We, as a whole society, are used to cows milk (not ALL of us, but a majority). I know, mentality wise, I couldn't drink human milk. I am an adult, not a baby. So I wouldn't buy B&Js again. JMHO!
Same here -- I would not buy Ben & Jerry's if they used breast milk because just the thought of it is nasty. Drinking milk that came from some random woman's breast ... just the idea alone gives me the chills!! Yuck!

If Ben & Jerry's wants to stop using cow's milk, then they should use Rice Dream but please do not use a woman's milk!!

Like another poster said, what about crack heads and people who do drugs or have STD's or something? Are they going to do blood tests and other tests to make sure these milk donors are safe? That would be a big waste of money and I still would not feel comfortable with that.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!