Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 05:13 AM   #6
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMarie View Post
Thanks you two!

Update on her spaying. The suture looks good, She still walks very slow. I live in a house that I'm constantly going UP and DOWN stairs and I have family who mainly stays upstairs and I usually stay in the basement. Because of this, Bella keeps trying to go up and down the stairs a day after surgery. II hope that won't affect her toooo much.

Just two questions, one regarding spaying, the other regarding hair.

How long should I wait to get her groomed or bathe her myself? She kinda stinks, and I can only imagine how much she'll reek in a couple weeks.

And: How long does it take a Yorkie's hair to grow? They did shave off a good portion of the belly and groin hair due to the surgery, so I was wondering when I should expect that all back.

Thanks for the welcomings!
Hi! Welcome! This is a great place to get lots of info, you'll love it. Bella is so precious!!

No baths until after the stitches come out. Water can carry infection into the sutured area. Sorry, you're just going to have to deal with the skankiness until the stitches come out. There are several different products out you can try for "dry bathing" but I've never found any that really worked well enough to bother with.

Each Yorkies hair growths at it's own rate. Gracie Ruth's grows quite fast, Boo's not so fast. So you'll just have to wait and see how Bella's grows. It's all part of the fun of finding out what your girl will be like.

I would caution you on letting her do the stairs too much. The stitches can come loose/out if she over does it. And having to take her back in to be restitched can be unpleasant. I know it's hard to contain these little ones, but sometimes we have to 'force' them to behave for their own good.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!