View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #12
Stella's mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysmamma View Post
I just took Minnie to the vet because she's been itching and had what appeared to be dandruff. The vet took a slide and said it was actually a yeast infection on her skin - yuck! He said that there were 2 ways to treat it - oral antibiotic or topical shampoo. He said he thought the antibiotic would be better since she was so little - the shampoo has to stay on for 10minutes before being rinsed off and he thought she would get too cold.
So I'm going to have to go the chemical route, which I hate.

Does anyone have any natural remedies they can suggest? - She already eats a grain free diet so I know it's not something she's eating that's causing this.
Stella has to be bathed in Sulf Oxy Dex Shampoo which is a antimicrobial, antiseborrheic cleansing moisturing formulation. I have to leave it on her 10 min also and because she is such a cold natured little girl i warm a towel in the microwave before her bath, lather her well and wrap her in the towel for 10 min (we call it her spa bath) The shampoo is very drying so I use a little John Paul oatmeal conditioner afterward
Stella's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!