View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #11
Stella's mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothwang View Post
I have a little girl. Emma, who also has really itchiy skin and I took her to the vet..They did a skin scrape and found some sort of bacteria.. She is on antibiotics, and a special shampoo called hexadene and a lotion conditioner called resichlor. Also I am getting ready to do a short course of pregnesone(it has a special name for canine use.) its al so frustrating...I do have Emma on a completely grain free diet ....so I am diligently trying to help her feel better. She seems happy...she plays and eats but she itches sooo much and get really greasy even the day after a bath,,,, She is a real trooper....
Emmas mommy
Was the steroid Dexamethasone? If so watch for side effects, excessive drinking and urination, excessive eating and also panting. My little girl received an injection of this due to an allergic reaction and gained 1/2 lb in less than a week. (she only weighed about 5.5 to begin with. Have you discussed Atopica pills to see if it would help, it is for atopic dermatitis and not as dangerous as sterioids. Good luck
Stella's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!