View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
shionpower
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara311 View Post
okay! okay! they will be FINE! LOTS OF PUPPIES get this!

First, are you cleaning up their poopy after they go? Many people forget to do this, and they can actually re-infect themselves! metronidazole does work as well, did they give you any powered medication to put in their food!? I used to work for a vet, and i've never heard about an injection to cure this...you basically gotta be real careful and cautious- im sure they will be otay!
Thanks a bunch. I did get a powered medication to help with their food in addition to the metronidazole (which was a white syrup). Ive been adding rice to their food n that seems to help a lil bit but of course it hasnt solved the issue. I just bought a gallon of dog safe disinfectant. i have odor cleaner, etc n thats what ive been using to clean up after them if they make a "oopsie" on the carpet. this probably means im going to have to disinfect the entire apt with the solutions right? also.. they are still potty training so when they go to the pad n if the poop has been solid i have been picking it up n throwing it on the toilet but if its mushy then i toss the entire pad. However, because i work... they are home for a period of 3-4 hrs alone (given that daddy comes home to take care n clean up at lunch time)... so there is always one poop in the spacious bathroom where we keep them while we are gone. Is that bad? should i hire a pet sitter to take them outside? when were home they are taken outside to go potty every 3 hrs. Should i confine to pee pads because they most likely caught it outside in the grass. theres quite a few dogs in our bldg.
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR RESPONSE BTW. =) REALLY HELPFUL.
so lost,
shion
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!