View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
bellasmomok
♥ love my girls!! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franceen View Post
Hi there - congratulations on your little pup. She is adorable!

I had another idea you could try and that is spraying her bed and the Puppy Cuddle Pal (which I think is a great idea, by the way) with DAP spray, which contains the natural appeasing pheromones released by the mother. This should be a comfort to her as well. I know that some people put small clocks near the puppy to mimic the mothers heartbeat. I think that they should include a 'heartbeat' in the Cuddle Pup. I know you can get stuffed toys for real babies that have a 'heartbeat', so the technology is there. It should be simple enough to make, anyway.

Good luck with your little darling.

Luv
Yvonne xxx
I read about the Puppy Cuddle Pal (above) and thought "How Awesome!!", so I searched it on the internes since I'd never heard of it before to see where to get it, how much, etc... and came across this:
Doggles Dog Comfort Pals Tan : The Pampered Pet Mart - Pet Supplies for Dogs, Cats, Small Animals and Birds
They offered several different styles (black lab, cat, etc...) and there's a 30 min timer on/off switch so you can turn the heartbeat on and leave it...apparently it lasts 30 min. and then turns itself off (I'm guessing so you don't burn through batteries?!) Pretty cool too....wish I had known about these a few months ago...that plus the Cuddle Pal and we'd have been in business. (I turned on my heating pad on low for her to sleep on so she wouldn't be cold, but this would have been so much better. I was worried about burns/burning the house down/all the rumors you hear about leaving a heating pad plugged in overnight.)
bellasmomok is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!