View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #3
Lexi's Mom
Senior Yorkie Talker

I recently went through the same thing with Lexi. We found what appeared to be one of my son's ADHD pills (or what was left of it) in her mouth. I called the ASPCA animan poison control and they suggested that I give her 1 tsp. of hydrogen peroxide to make her vomit. Luckily it worked and she was fine. WARNING!!! It is very important to seek advice from people who are educated in poisons before inducing vomiting. Some poisons do more damage when brought back up.

About the SPCA's poison control service:
I was disappointed in their payment collection procedure. When I frantically phoned the call was answered by an automated voice message system (reminds me of a suicide hotline joke from way back, lol). I had to listen to the options while I was panicking. Then when I got a human, the first thing she asked me was if I would be paying their $50 consult fee by Visa or MC and if I had that number ready!!! I was so angry. I blew up and told her that I was calling for a puppy that had been poisoned and that I didn't think giving her my cc number was a priority. Don't seconds count when a puppy is poisoned? She agreed and proceeded to look up the medication to instruct treatment. She asked me to phone back for payment after Lexi was okay, which I did. I explained to her that I understand that they are relying on the good graces of people to call back with payment but that they really needed to find another way to do their payment processing. She agreed and told me that I could make those suggestions when I received a followup call the next day to see how Lexi was. They never called back.

I
Lexi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!