View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Default Our weekend trip and my not-so-brave girl

We went to the Soo this weekend to visit family who came up from Phoenix. Anyways.... I took Layla for a walk on our board walk. The hotel we stayed at was right on the river (my favorite place in the Soo.... on the water) and there is a boardwalk that more or less goes the length of the river but the wind was SO strong at one point Layla and I couldn't even walk forward but we had a great time- except it was on this walk that Layla started pulling up her back right leg (dreading the next vet visit)

The video is of Layla being a WEE bit braver. The first time we saw these dogs (statues) she wouldn't go NEAR them.... this was the second time ... the third time she growled the whole time.... These dogs are of a statue of a guy named Billy Orazetti. He was a dog sledder in the Soo and had participated in the Iditarod. During one of his races, he and his dogs went through ice. He died saving 7 of his dogs from drowning and died himself from drowning along with two of his dogs (hence the two dogs with him).
Attached Thumbnails
Our weekend trip and my not-so-brave girl-img_3287.jpg   Our weekend trip and my not-so-brave girl-img_3288.jpg   Our weekend trip and my not-so-brave girl-img_3289.jpg   Our weekend trip and my not-so-brave girl-img_3290.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!