View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
Yorkie_Loverz
Yorkie Yakker

Cry Need advice from exp. breeders

I put a deposit on a 10 month old little girl I asked her to wait on me 2 wks since my house was in construction and I didn't want her coming to a messy and loud house. I have purchased everything you can think of for this little girl personalized beds, tons of treats, toys, and a bunch of other things it would take me forever to name. Well when it was time to come home she couldn't get a hold of the lady that was to deliver her so she took her to a big barbecue her brother was throwing she mentioned there would be friends and family there. she went for the weekend well when she got back she told me I couldn't get her because she was traumatized from 3 kids that were there. I insisted that maybe she was scared because it wasn't her home, there was a lot of other people she didn't know plus the kids. ok so she said she would take her to her neighbors to be around the children there. Well the very first day she told me she did great then the next day she was ok for a while then got nervous. then the breeder got sick and didn't take her over for about a week. Well today she took her over today and she said she was nervous so she made the kids sit down and wait for the baby to come to them. well she said all was going good. she told the boy to slowly let her smell his hand well that went well. When the lil girls turn came up she snapped at her. Oh and I forgot to mention she is in heat now which I think had something to do with that. I have contacted other breeders and all have told me the same. I asked if they thought she could get used to kids and they said it depends on her personality. the breeder had told me she was not a shy or nervous dog at all and was very playful, with that said they told me they were sure she would do just fine. That it may take a while but she would be fine. these were breeders with 20+ yrs. experience so I trust their opinion. i told the breeder today that maybe she should try bringing the kids to her home see how it goes. i have a quiet spot (my daughters room) ready for her because my plans have been to let her get used to me first and when my daughter is napping i could let her around my home so she can get used to the house too, then slowly introduce my kids to her. my kids have grown up around small dogs i had a 13 yrs. old chihuahua who recently passed away from old age and my mom has a chihuahua too which they are around almost daily. When my chi passed away my son was devastated as he grew up around her all the time so I bought him some baby chicks and they were really good with them too and those things are super small and fragile so being gentle to animals is not a problem as I know my kids are. What do you recommend I do it's been about 1 mon. and a 1/2 since I placed the deposit and feel super attached to this girl even if she isn't here yet (weird i know ) i am devastated and have cried so much throughout this stressful situation. please let me know what you think. If she was traumatized of children would she have done good at all the first two visits?

Last edited by Yorkie_Loverz; 09-18-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Yorkie_Loverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!