View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #8
starbabe0182
Senior Yorkie Talker

Here was my review which I posted on the PediPaws at Bed Bath and Beyond Thread.

I just bought the pedipaws from BBB using the 20% coupon so it became 15.99. I was unsure if it would work on my yorkie because whenever I try to cut his nails, he moves like crazy, even if I have someone assisting me.

So I bought 2 C batteries to put in the pedipaws, watched the instruction video online, and I used it on my yorkie. I had someone holding him, and so that helped me alot. You use it on one nail at a time for 3-5 seconds before moving on to the next one. You can always go back later to the nail, but you definitely want to switch nails because it might hurt them if you keep it on for longer than 5 seconds. (This was written on the website directions).My yorkie was surprisingly very calm, and it was successful on him.

I am definitely keeping my Pedipaws.

The only negative thing that I encountered is that this product is made for right handers (as are a lot of items). But I am ambidextrous so I was able to use it. If you are only a left hander, it is going to be difficult because you HAVE to use it with your right hand to do it correctly.

Note: I did not get any sparks. It is pretty noisy when the nail hits the grinder, but my dog did not freak out. I think the reaction will depend on the dog, plus I think if you acclimate your dog to it slowly, it will become better. It is a lot scary doing it at first, my sister did not like it, but I was fine with it. My dog was not hurt at all by it, and I am definitely keeping it for future use.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!