View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #14
HighlandYorkies
DEBRA'S DORKY YORKIES4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyJosMom View Post
I'm so sorry you lost your little Lucifer. I love kitties as much as doggies. I've lost many to speeding cars(when I loved in the rural area), the worst being my black kitty that my neighbor ran over right in front of me. It didn't kill him, it broke his back. I was in high school and was home alone. The only thing I could do was have another neighbor take him to the shelter where he was PTS. Your other kitties are beautiful and will, I'm sure, help you with your grieving. Sleep peacefully, Lucifer.
Thanks...and so sorry that happened to you as well - I think Lucifer at least felt nothing...the car clipped the side of his head hard.
...It's all part of keeping a semi-wild animal...life and death is part of it, only the fittest survive, but at least they have had nature to have fun in....cats make good house pets, but they do love the thrill of outside and if you can give it to them, they should have it....just like lions and panthers and wildcats and linx....all cat-like species love to be out hunting...poooor birdies though...my 12 year old Sparky just hates Robins for some reason...he took one home yesterday again....poor bird...that is nature though...we have all gone too sanitised in this life.
I have been known to save the odd bird and mouse off him though....even found a mum and babies under my fridge that he took in....ie. took in mum, she had babies, I found 'em and put em all in a box home and then into a stone dyke with food and bedding in the country up the road from my house !
Hello there Bellieboo....fab to see you too hee hee
HighlandYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!