View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #10
HighlandYorkies
DEBRA'S DORKY YORKIES4
Donating Member

Unlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by piptickle View Post
Awww! Lucas is sooo cute! So I have to know does he love water? I know Turkish Vans are supposed to, but with him being a cross has he inherited the breeds water fetish? Try putting a large shallow container of water on the floor and see what happens Oh and I'd love to see pics if he decides to go swimming

Heres some images I found online
So far he loves the bath taps dripping ha ha...mind you Lucifer did as well ! .....I will try get pics some day ! He keeps landing in the dogs water bowl as well....not on purpose though ha ha.

To all those of you who said I shouldn't let him out.....I am in the highlands of Scotland, not the middle of New York, and it's cruel to keep hunting cats indoors all their lives...I had 2 Siamese I rehomed due to I couldn't let them out in case they were stolen and my house was way too small for them to just live indoors happily though one did for 3 years and the other 1 year, just the odd trip to the garden....so I gave them to someone with a huge house and integral garage and who had a quiet garden for nice days....and I got moggies to be able to let them be cats as cats should be....over here we don't de-claw and cats live to 30 outside(all mine come in when they want anyway...they don't "live" outdoors)....if you have a stupid cat you have a stupid cat....some are more clever and some daft as a brush...Lucifer was too loving and trusting and not enough wild in him to live - I didn't let him out until he was fully grown and neutered and micro-chipped....plus some person just mowed him down on a wide open road in daylight...no excuse...they were going way more than the speed limit.
How is that my fault in any way ???
These things happen in life unfortunately.
My 12 year old cat is not lucky...he is clever....he is half wild-cat and very big and knows what he is doing around cars...he only crosses when the green man flashes !
Poor Lucifer was getting clever, but still a bit kitty daft and I think someone was in a hurry for work and speeding and didn't care at all...he decided to go to the main road which at that time in the morning is quiet...one car every half hour...had he stayed by the house for his breakfast as he usually did he'd have been ok...we don't know what made him go there then...that was unusual...we think he fancied catching a mouse in the fields, who knows.
That's life unfortunately...I'd rather he had 1 fun year than 20 sad ones !
All my cat-pals are saying the same....it was they who told me to get another...I wasn't going to at first....but it might never happen.

I am 41, had cats all my life...of course they are neutered and vaccinated before going out...all my animals get the best as those of you who know me know fine.
I would never blame anyone who had this happen to their cat....much as I hate it all...it was just meant.
Debra
HighlandYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!