View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #11
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathteacher View Post
Thanks for all the wonderful tips and the condolences. It is sooo Hard losing a child!!!

Anyway, I have already tried many of the suggestions....not consistently because of the constant and over-abundance of rain we have had, but this week is dry.

The one problem I am wanting to address right now is that I leave them each in their own crate at night. The female holds it but the male does not. He does BOTH jobs before morning.

I have them on a feeding schedule so they do not eat beyond 5PM, and I let them out for the last time at night about 9 to 10PM.

The male is soiled every morning and I really don't have time to give him a daily bath. The crate he is in is small so it isn't because his crate is too large for him.

He is supposed to be about 3.5 years old and is much larger than the female, so he should be able to hold it, too, shouldn't he?

Please help!!!!!!
IMO is sounds like he probably spent his life in a cage if he is 3 1/2 and will go in his crate and then lay in it. What if you didn't put him in a crate but put up an xpen and puppy pads during the night. You could still put his crate inside the xpen so that he could sleep inside of it.

Other than that I have no other suggestions for you. Even the xpen will not help with the marking because the sides are open and if he is a leg lifter he probably would not use the puppy pad for peeing during the night.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!