View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 06:33 AM   #2
RebelBelle
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Well personally I take my Jamie almost everywhere with me. He's been to Nashville and New Orleans in just the last few months alone. Nashville was a 6 hour drive for us and he pottied when we stopped to get gas about half way. He actually slept for most of the trip. When we were there we found a couple of places to eat that were pet friendly on their patios and he came with us. We did go to eat at one nicer resturaunt that he couldn't come, and so he took a nap in his crate. Of course after all the excitement of the day, he was ready to sleep anyway. If he has trouble with the car then I believe there is a product that some members here use.... Rescue Remedy maybe??? Here are some tips:

1.) Make sure your hotel is pet friendly.
2.) Ask them if you are allowed to leave your pet crated for a couple of hours while you go out to eat. Offer to leave a cell number with the front desk in case they need to contact you (barking, etc...)
3.) Look around online for pet friendly things to do in your destination. More places will allow a dog in a carrier than you know. (When Jamie was just a puppy he toured Mardi Gras World with us from his carrier.)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!