View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #7
JuicyGirl
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
It's difficult to say whether this vomiting is from an empty morning-tummy or from true gastric reflux. If it's from morning tummy, then it does help to give some protein at night and then in the morning, give a bit of Nutrical or a little bit of cracker immediately upon waking to settle the tummy (before the meal) and raise the blood sugar. If it's truly gastric reflux, it's a bit more complex - bc like in humans, you want to avoid the reflux triggers and that means you have to figure them out. So, if you do think it's reflux - I'd probably try a diet switch to something rather bland. Short term, I'd probably go with something like Wellness Simple Solutions in the Fish kibble (knowing it's only 21% protein); if that works well, you could ramp up to Wellness Core Ocean which has a protein level in the 30s, which is better long term. Honest Kitchen is excellent too - I tried with my guys (I now feed NV raw) - but they tried it twice and wouldn't eat it again - so see if you can sample it more than a few times before buying!

As for the meds - with humans, those meds are mostly meant for "flare ups", so perhaps just use them during the food transition then d/c them as they're really not meant for chronic use.
Thank you for all this information! I do think it could be reflux... & I think her food and treats are causing all these flare ups...Wellness simple solutions "fish" kibble was too big for her "in her mind" ... what about their core ocean? is the kibble tiny or regular size?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!