View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 06:54 AM   #6
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

It's difficult to say whether this vomiting is from an empty morning-tummy or from true gastric reflux. If it's from morning tummy, then it does help to give some protein at night and then in the morning, give a bit of Nutrical or a little bit of cracker immediately upon waking to settle the tummy (before the meal) and raise the blood sugar. If it's truly gastric reflux, it's a bit more complex - bc like in humans, you want to avoid the reflux triggers and that means you have to figure them out. So, if you do think it's reflux - I'd probably try a diet switch to something rather bland. Short term, I'd probably go with something like Wellness Simple Solutions in the Fish kibble (knowing it's only 21% protein); if that works well, you could ramp up to Wellness Core Ocean which has a protein level in the 30s, which is better long term. Honest Kitchen is excellent too - I tried with my guys (I now feed NV raw) - but they tried it twice and wouldn't eat it again - so see if you can sample it more than a few times before buying!

As for the meds - with humans, those meds are mostly meant for "flare ups", so perhaps just use them during the food transition then d/c them as they're really not meant for chronic use.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!